Suggest doctors to diagnose autism in an adult over 50 years of age

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: Are there any doctors that can XXXXXXX autism in adults over age 50?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I can help you to diagnose whether you have autism

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns.

I, myself can help you to detect whether you have autism. However, first of all, I would need you to elaborate on the condition. Based on your inputs I would possibly ask you to fill a checklist which would help in excluding autism in your case.

I would await your response. Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 days later
Can you send or e-mail the check list so I do it?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Resources provided

Detailed Answer:
The tests/checklists are available at the following links:
https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz/
https://www.autismresearchcentre.com/arc_tests

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 13 hours later
I have already taken the Autism/Asperger's Quiz on Psych Central and I scored 43 were 34 & up is Autism likely. I also took the Short Autism Screening Test, I scored 38 were 31 & up is Autism likely. I need to find a doctor in XXXXXXX Mi or as close to XXXXXXX MI as I can, who can put in writing that I have Autism. I was told that because I'm over the age of 22, the only one who can do that can do this is my family doctor. My current doctor will not even listen to about this, he says to talk to my psychiatrist, but he think I'm BPD and I'm not.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Contact details provided

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the inputs. You can get a confirmation (as well as support) from:
Autism Alliance of Michigan
Southfield, Michigan
Address: 26500 XXXXXXX Dr, Southfield, MI 48034, USA
Phone: +1 877-463-2266

They cater to Adult autism. Your psychiatrist could also be of help.