Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Precautions to be taken to have protected sex? Worried about pregnancy

Hi, my boyfriend are planning to have protected sex for the first time. Both of us are virgins and trusted partners and have been together for six years. We have spoken about safe sex and we wanted to know if there are any precautions we can take. I m a little worried about pregnancy. My last periods had started on 18th march.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,
Try to avoid having sex during your ovulatory period , that is around 14th day of your cycle.
Use barrier methods like condoms to protect yourself and your partner. As it is your first time try to avoid unnatural methods. If you still worried have sex on 5 days after your menstruation ,which is safest period to have sex without any ovulation.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor