Pop in the ear on burping, feeling of water in ear. Serious infection or curable with drops?

I recently became sick a couple days ago. My symptoms are: headache , dizziness , fever, shivers ,hot flashes, occasional cough, VERY sore throat , and stuffy/runny nose. Now every time I cough or burp there is a pop in my right ear. It feels as if my ear has water in it, like it s muffled. My dad bought me ear discomfort drops, called Ring Relief. Is it something on the line of serious infection or is it treatable through the drops.
Wed, 6 Feb 2013