Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Painful split on top of vagina, burning sensation, red spots around public area. Thrush?

I have a split at the top of my vagina. Kind of like a paper cut sort of split like the skin has been stretched too far. This hapoened about a week ago and us painful when i stretch ur workout. Now I have red spots all around the pubic area and think I have also got thrush as my vagina has a burning sensation all the time. I am too embarrassed to go to the doctors so I hope you can help me please :) xxx
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  347
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

The split in the skin on the top of the vagina could be due to various reasons, but one of the most common ones is rough or aggressive sexual intercourse.

This could easily have resulted in an infection which is causing your presentation.

The other option could be the exact opposite turn of events. As you have not mentioned your sexually status, I am assuming that the cause for your presentation could also be a sexually transmitted infection that has resulted in a presentation similar to yours.

Unfortunately many such infections (all of which have different treatment regimens) can present in a similar manner. So a physical examination would be necessary and there is nothing embarrassing about it. But if you would really not be comfortable visiting a doctor then you could go about a urine culture and sensitivity examination along with a vaginal swab culture test which would provide valuable information on your diagnosis and treatment.

I hope this helps. Of course it goes without saying, kindly abstain from sexual intercourse in the meantime.

Best wishes.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor