Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Painful periods, fever, nausea, body pain. What is wrong?

I m having an issue with my periods lately. Since I was 12 I got it every month but never knew when in the month I d get it. Often I d get it on holidays or other big events. When I turned 14, they got a lot heavier periods. Pain killers bearly worked. I also just wasn t hungery and could go a whole day or two without eating more than a few bites of food. My mom thinks it might of been an issue inside me that I got from my dad s side of the family. I asked but nothing seemed to match up. Now I m 15. My periods have gotten really weird and it s starting to worry me. I was out and moving a lot over the summer and my periods were almost painless and I could even forget I had it. Once school started for me, I didn t get out as much and my period is more heavy than I remember. Well, at first I just had a lot of spotting for almost a month before I got the full out period. I felt fine for a little bit other than some cramps , but after I moved around and woke up more, I started to feel really sick. I felt like I had a fever , got pale, felt like I was going to puke, and everything in my body seemed to hurt. I had to be sent home it was so bad. This has happened to me before but then I had reason behind it. I thought I was sick from badly cooked food the first time and the other two times I was already sick. But me being in good health other than a runny nose from allergies turning into a fever and sickness when I get my period worries me. I need to find out what s causing this soon because I m tired of having to miss school and other things because of a period that leaves me in so much pain I don t want to leave bed. I ve never had sex and don t take any birth control medication so that takes a lot off the list of what s wrong. Do you know what it might be that s causing my periods to act so weird?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hope this message finds u in good health.
I have gone through ur msg and understand your concern.

it may be due to some sort of hormonal imbalances or variations in the body,though there may be other reasons as well

Nothing to worry about, You should eventually get back to normal.

Take multi vitamin and calcium supplements
Do consult a gynecologist if symptoms worsen

Get back to me for any FOLLOW UP QUERIES anytime.

Regards,Dr Mahaveer Patil...(MBBS,MS,Mch)
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor