Painful menstrual cycles, cramps, back pain. Hysterectomy done. Any recommendations?

I had painful menstrual cycles since I can remember. I had an ablation done 7 years ago with removal of a fibroid as well. Very light to no bleeding since. 3 months ago I started very painful cramps and back pain. A flow would follow for a day or two. With each month getting worse cramping. This time I had cramps and pain for 4 days, I saw my GYN who did an ultrasound to find hematometra. he is sending me in to radiology to have another done??? not exactly sure why. Options given? try to drain it, hormones to stop cycle or hysterectomy. I'm 48. and have had no births. What is the success rate of draining it or hormones working? Will it or can it occur again?
Tue, 8 Oct 2013