What causes closed cervix canal?
how was it diagnosed?
Thanks for writing.
The cervical canal is very thin canal which is capable of dilatation when required as during delivery of a baby. During non pregnancy it is open only few mm and just open to allow menstrual blood to flow.
When you mean closed cervix I would like to know how was the diagnosis done and for what indication.
Please give details.
please get a ultrasound done
Thanks for writing back.
If you are experiencing cramps during periods but no flow that means that the
blood is getting accumulated in the uterus. the blood may flow back into the
pelvis and cause tubal damage .
A ultrasound of uterus will show the uterus and tubes . If blood accumulation is present then it is called hematometra and it should be drained by opening the cervix.
The cause for this problem may be congenital and was there during birth.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Would lomexin t ovule for infection kills sperm inside me?
- Is it normal to experience light bleeding during a miscarriage?
- What causes pain during intercourse in pregnancy?
- How does these ultrasound reports showing reduction in amniotic fluid be...
- Do laxatives affect Nexplanon birth control implants?
- Can i take Antacid Gel during pregnancy?
- What causes sharp back ache with tightening of abdomen during pregnancy?
- What causes delayed periods?
- Suggest treatment for exhaustion due to stress
- What causes frequent uriniation?