Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Painful lump in scrotum area. Pain in inner thighs, lower back. How to remove lump?

Painful lump in scrotum area (near testicle) - Question for a Urologist perhaps I have a painful lump in the right hand side of my scrotum since 4 days. It is near one of my testicles. The lump is not visible and one has to push a finger inside (from the right hand side) to feel the lump. I am also having pain in penis/scrotum, inner thighs, and lower back (I guess due to this lump). Sitting on a chair, or sleeping on the left or right side, has also become uncomfortable and painful. There were no other problems in my medical history before this. Kindly advise. Male, Age 25
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you might have some infection in right testicle giving rise to this problem.
It is possible that there might be some injury or deep pressure on testicle by thighs.
consult urologist and get examined physically.
A course of antibiotic will cure your problem.
Indirect inguinal hernia on right side should be ruled out.
Give proper support to testicle wearing inner.
Do not keep testicle on hanging position.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Sunil 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
According to your description you are having Epididymitis. This diagnosis can further be supported by any discharge from penis, mild fever or tenderness on lump. It may be cause by gonococcal, chlamydial or ureaplasma infection.
Other causes should be ruled out like:
Epididymal cyst- it dose not cause pain but may cause mild discomfort.
Hydrocele- a benign collection of fluid within the scrotum causing mild discomfort
Varicocele - a dilated vein within the scrotum.
hernia- swelling will usually be felt in the top part of the scrotum, near the groin.
Visit your surgeon to evaluate swelling by physical examination and he may advise for CBC, testicular Doppler ultrasonography.
In young adults every scrotal swelling with pain is needed to be evaluated to exclude testicular torsion, a medical emergency.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor