• question-icon

What causes clear penile discharge after ejaculation?

Posted on Thu, 17 Aug 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi Doc. I have been leaking clear fluid the morning after ejaculation. Just a small amount after peeing. Is this normal? There is no pain and burning. No smell. No swollen glands and no pain in testicles. Only happens morning after ejaculation. I have checked for STIs and all clear for Gono and Chlamydia with a PCR test. Never had unprotected sex. I ejaculate about once a week and have been stressing about this lately. Can this be more than what it seems or is it just a clearing of left over fluids? Previous history of testicular cancer stage 1B 7 years ago. Treated with BEP Chemo.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thesis normal!

Detailed Answer:

This is not uncommon but normal. There is nothing to worry about. It should stop spontaneously. I must stress that this is not a sign of an infection and more so because you have no other symptoms. Be calm and relaxed and bother not about this. It in no way relates to the previous history of cancer that you have reported.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Hi Doc. Thank you for your response. On another note If there was something out of the ordinary, what should I be looking out for with regards to this matter? My mental health has been in poor shape recently and my anxiety takes the best of me in regards to my health. I keep focusing on the most minute little aches and pain and worry about it like crazy.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Are you on any medications?

Detailed Answer:

I understand the anxiety makes it even difficult to manage such uncommon but benign observations. I will suggest you get to talk to yourself out of thinking this is something bad and requires specific treatment or evaluation. If you need help with anxiety, we could suggest medications to help with this. This will be coordinated with your primary care doctor then.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well.
Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Chobufo Ditah