Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Pain on the upper right hard palate on sucking chocolate that seems to be extending to head and teeth. Help?

I ate chocolate kisses a while ago and after sucking on it, i experience pain on the upper right hard palate of my mouth. When i feel it with the tip of my tongue , it felt like theres a small bump like the size of a pimple and its painful when i put pressure on it. Now its as if i can feel just a little pain on my head and on my back teeth (not too painful, just a teeny pain) as if the pain on the palate is vibrating and my head and teeth can feel the vibration. Please help me
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  4 Views:  249
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response

The bump like swelling on the hard palate is usually associated with any decayed ,infected tooth.

The decay of the tooth associated has spread into periapical area.

The swelling has aggrevated into periapical abscess.

Visit your dentist and get access opening done to drain the abscess.

Root-canal treatment has to be done if necessary.

Take complete course of antibiotics-analgesics prescribed by your dentist.


Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hi and welcome,
After reading to your query i suspect your palatal mucosa has got injured or there is ulceration due to trauma.
Nothing to worry about , you can apply antiseptic oral ointment like dentogel or mucopain topically over the affected area which will give analgesic and anesthetic effect and heal in healing.
Use mouth rinses like betadine or chlorhexidine for mouth gargling which will give soothing effect.
avoid applying toothbrush or pressure over the area .
i hope this helps ,
take care
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
dear friend.

thanks for sharing your concerne.

pain in the palate is suggestive of periapical infection.

this could be due to any of the decayed tooth draining there leading to an abscess formation.

you must visit your dentist. get xray done to see the underlying cause.

meanwhile do warm saline rinses.

maintain good oral hygeine.
use hexidine mouthwash periodically.

after consulting you can start your antibiotic and analgesics.

hope this helps.

i hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Nidhi Gandhi's  Response
apart from a rare possibility of an allergy, your description of the pain and swelling indicates that you might have a cavity in the right upper teeth. the 'pimple' could be a dentoalveolar abcess which is due to a deep cavity causing an infection. also, the pain is radiating to your head and your palate and hence theres a possibility that you might need treatment for irreversible pulpitis i.e. root canal treatment, depending on how badly carious the tooth is. please visit your dentist and ask for the treatment modalities
for immeadiate relief, i suggest you to take a pain killer
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor