• question-icon

How should i proceed with yellow mucus, strings in stool?

Hello! I am quite sure I have a parasite. I just finished antibiotics for a tooth infection and I have had some stringy yellow mucus looking strings in my stool. My stools have be quite explosive also. Very yellow in color and liquidy. How should I proceed?
Thu, 28 Feb 2019

Yellow mucous may be due to infection or irritable bowel syndrome or malabsorption syndromes etc.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Get it done stool examination and microscopy.

Avoid spicy food and alcohol avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use tablet pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. Use tablet ofloxacin and ornidazole.

If symptoms not improved or developed an allergy to above drug please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu, Internal Medicine Specialist