Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Pain in arms after injury, tingling, bruise on forearm, sore to touch. What is this lump?

Hello. So two weeks ago I was at acrobatics. I did a back handspring but saw someone walking close to me so I did it sideways going off the mat. I winded up landing on the inside of my left forearm instead of normally landing on two hands. I banged it against concrete floor. It was really painful at first and was red for the entire night. I still had dance classes later that night, so I did not do anything to my arm. It was tingling and the muscle or nerve hurt when I straightened it. The next day, I woke up with a bruise forming there but the weird thin was that there was a bruise on the outside of my elbow on the top. It hurt to lift things up. It also hurt when I had to type in school. My pinky and ring finger would have sharp pain. The bruise went through its process and took about a week and a half to fully heal. Most of the pain went away but for certain things, it still hurts with a pain. The bruise is now gone but I felt the spot where I had the bruise on my inside forearm, and it is still sore when you touch it. I also noticed like a small hard lump under my skin exactly where the bruise was. What is this lump that is there?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  365
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Thank you for posting your query,

It is probably a local abscess that has formed or subcutaneous infection due to the bridge created by the bruise. You probably did not take prophylactic antibiotics ( which usually is not required but at times recommended). If the area is painful or sore on touch and swollen then it abscess that is developing that can be treated with use of antibiotics such as cloxacillin and antiinflammatory. It might later on collect pus and will need to be drained before continuation of antibiotics.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description , this hard lump most probably formed due to haematoma formation (collection of blood) which might get fibrosed or calcified.

It will take few weeks to months to get disappear.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Meanwhile give hot fomatation over it, You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurbh Gupta
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor