Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pain around kidneys, ultrasound shows multiple renal calculi, fullness of pelvicalycial system. What medicines should be taken?

recently i have done ultrasound of kidneys due to some pain in kidney..ultrasound report shows that ..multiple calculi are seen in both kidneys, largest one measure 0.8 cm is seen at mid pole in right kidney and another largest one in left kidney measure 0.8 cm at upper pole. fullness of pelvicalycial system is seen in right renal parenchymal disease is seen. no cycst seen in both kidneys. normal seen of gall bladder,common bile duct , pancreas , spleen and urinary bladder . conclusion: multiple bilateral renal calculi. fullness of pelvicalycial system is seen in right kidney possibility of lower down obstruction should be ruled out. i wana ask about this and about the mediciations of it. thank you pls help me online or email me at YYYY@YYYY thank u
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi, many thanks for the query!
You need to do- Sr. creat., Sr. uric acid, X-ray KUB, Urine (R&M),
IVU (Intra-Venous Urography).
If stone can be seen causing obstruction in lower ureter, surgical removal should be done, ureteroscopic removal (URS) is preferred these days.
Take antispasmodics, pain killers, diuretics, tamsulosin with your doctor's opinion.
Drink plenty of water so that at least 2 litres of urine is voided in 24 hrs.
Wish you a good health.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 1 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Renal calculus can be managed with herbal medicines as in ayurveda we use drugs which are known to convert these calcium based calculus into fine sand like particles and then with a strong diuretic we push out the so formed sand particles and also if some stone is detached in this process. To attain this you can use tab. sheet prabha, take more water . If associated with pain use chitrak vati. In event of sever colic pain you will need anti spasmoodic drugs.
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor