Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

PCOS, taking duphaston for irregular period, trying for baby. HPT negative. Pregnant?

HI doctor, i am trying for baby since 8 months now. my doc diagnosed me with PCOS . last month she gave me gave me duphastone for irregular period which i took from 4th to 14th of January . i gut my period then on 17th of January . today is 3rd of March and still no period after the last in January.i did lot of urine HPT , it all came out negative. am i pregnant? s
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  2171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
As you have been diagnosed with PCOD, you need to have ovulation induction, as natural conception can delay precious time, as natural ovulation is rare and irregular in this condition. The most likely cause for the delay in your period at present could be the hormonal imbalance seen in PCOD. You may need to be put on regularization of the cycles for 3-4 months, followed by priming with dexamethasone for a couple of months if needed and then treated for infertility with ovulation induction. Please contact your consultant for further suggestions. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Aarti Abraham's  Response
Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
If the urine test is negative, you are most definitely not pregnant.
However, in PCOS, periods and ovulation are very erratic, so consult your doctor.
You should have proper hormonal assessment and treatment for PCOS, else conception will be difficult.
Maintain an ideal BMI, as even 5 % weight loss normalizes the cycle.
Also, you might need help of drugs like Metformin and Clomiphene citrate to aid ovulation and conception.
My advice is to consult a Fertility specialist, and not to waste your time.
be positive,exercise regularly, and eat healthy
take care.
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
If your urine test for pregnancy is negative,you can do serum beta HCG estimation done to confirm the pregnancy.If it is absent ,it means there is no pregnancy and then you have to again take duphaston to induce periods.
Basically you need regular use of duphaston so that you can get regular periods .
Once you get regular periods,then ovulation inducer like CLOMID can be given which can help you with ovulation and increase your chance of pregnancy.
Since you are having PCOS,insulin sensitizers like MRTFORMIN should be given to you so as to reverse ovation changes and return your ovarian function.
Simultaneously you should do regular exercises and shed your weight.
It is said that a mere 10% reduction of weight can make your periods regular.
Keep in regular treatment of your doctor.
You shall definitely get pregnant,but you shall have to be patient and take regular treatment as advised.
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor