When to take Duphaston while on Clomid?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi,I finished my periods 5 days back, today doctor asked me to take clomid for 5 days (from 10th -15th day) and start duphaston for 10 days once a day (16th-25th day) .. what I have heard is, clomid makes you ovulate after few days of finishing last dose.. but I have been asked start duphaston immediately after finishing clomid.. is it right? I am planning to conceive.. do u suggest me to wait for few days for ovulation after clomid and then start duphaston? I have PCOS too..Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

You are right. Ovulation happens around 14th day. Since you are having PCO, Ovulation might be delayed.

I suggest you undergo follicular growth scan to check if follicles have ovulated before you start duphaston. It is not advisable to take it blindly.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T