Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

PCOS, irregular periods, good follicle size but no pregnancy after taking clomid, HCG injection. Advised ovarian drilling. Is there any other alternative?

Hello Doctor I (28yrs) have been diagnoised with PCOS 4 years back, took Diane 35 for a year now FSH is 3.8 and LH is 2.6 on CD3. But still irregular periods (Sometimes more than 70 days). I took clomid 50 and follice didnt grow past 11mm. next month took clomid 100 follice grew upto 24 but didnt rupture, took HCG 5000 and it ruptured right in 24 hours, no pregnancy, next cycle clomid 100 follice 27mm HCG 0000 no pregnancy.My doctor suggests me to take ovarian drilling. Can you help with any other option?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response

The otherwise unruptured follicle seems to be responding quite well to HCG. You can continue to try same strategy for a few more months. It is quite common for patients with PCOS to respond late. Have you focussed on weight reduction if in case you are over weight? Hormonal assay needs to be done again. Prolactin levels are best measured on 2nd day of cycle. We can expect good results only after correction of prolactin levels. I suggest you to focus more on these aspects before going for more invasive procedures.

All the best!
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor