Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Not getting pregnant on unprotected sex. What shall i do?

I am 26year old got married on 20 may 2011 having unprotected sex but still not pregnant. done ultrasounds, blood tests, hormonal tests, vaginal discharge test, all came normal. dr. want my husband semen analysis . my husband is not going to do this test., I asked him a lot but he will never be ready for it. what to do. my fsh was 11.4miul.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
As you have mentioned, all the test reports are normal.
But, your FSH level is elevated, if it was done on D2 or D3 of periods, which means your ovarian reserve is less. If it is so, then you will need active treatment? So, I would like to know when was this test done, on which day of period?
Also, as your doctor has rightly suggested, you need to get semen analysis done for husband.
You need to make him understand that the treatment for infertility will be a combined treatment for husband and wife.
You both have to go to the doctor together, so that we can expect better results.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor