Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Myositis occificans where quadriceps tendon were cut due to femur fracture, lost knee flexion. Any scope of regaining ?

hello sir i 23 yrs old and i met a road side accident near about 2 yrs ago ie.23 march 2010......i got compound supracondylar femur fracture with my quadriceps tendon cutted transversly ....i underwent surgery on the same day n then again on 31 march.....that day the fracture was reduced by fixing a locky plate......during next 8 months i developed myositis occificans on the area whr tendon was detached nov i underwent judets quadricepsplasty along with removal of that heterotrophic bone was done bcoz of d reason i lost my knee flexion .....during surgery knee bent upto 115 degrees.....i was under epidural then 4 next two weeks of surgery......underwent manipulation again under GA..... at dat time flexion was 90....and now 85 degrees.....i want 2 knw what r the scopes of regaining my flexion by any means.....plzz....
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

Prognosis is poor in your case now.
But vigorous physiotherapy with yoga and if require further manipulation under anaesthesia may help.
MRI /CT scan will help in confirming intra/extra articular stiffness.

I will advise to consult orthopaedic surgeon to assess for associated injury.
I can help you more if you can send/attach report of your knee x-ray.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.

Answered: Tue, 15 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor