Do shin and collar bone fractures require rods and plates for treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My cousin (22 yr old) met with an accident in which her Shin bone and Collar bone got fractured. Is it better to just plaster and let them heal, or use rods and plates to fix them? Would it be better to fix the leg fracture using rod, and let the collar bone heal itself by just plaster? xray images attached. Please advise.
Swift replies appreciated as there is an urgency.

Thanks,
xxxx
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treat conservatively.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and attached reports ,it is better to treat leg bone fracture by plaster as there is no displacement.Operation either rod or plate is not a good option in this case.Collar bone will heal itself by brace not by plaster.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal