Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

My child's food pipe is not properly developed

On Tuesday my nephew born. After birth dr said his food pipe is not properly developed. Food pipe has gap from top to the bottom. They tried join it with surgery but they said the gap is too large it is not possible to join it. Please tell me what is the solution.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jun 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hi welcome to Healthcare Magic ,
From what you have said it seems your nephew has a form of esophageal atresia. The unfortunate thing is that the gap between the ends being too long , and surgery being difficult. As far as my knowledge goes they can use a stent to fill the gap between the ends and reconstruct the food pipe or the only other way is a gastrostomy i.e bypass the esophagus(food pipe) and create a direct conduit ,direct connection to the stomach.U can consult a gastro surgeon and get his opinion on this issue.
Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor