Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

My LH and FSH are very low. Can i conceive?

I am 28 years married girl i have been completed 3.5 years of marriage and i am trying to conceive for last one year but i am getting failed my husband seman report is right and my gynecologist asked me to do folicular test and HSG test in both tests are no problem but my LH and FSH are very low thats why my period also getting late for 15 days or one month also i am not getting conceive. Doctor suggest me to take metphormine (glasifase SR 500mg Diane 35 and Thyronorm25mcg) Is it beneficial for me and can i conceive after this treatment or any other medicine for increasing my LH FSH. Please suggest as soon as possible
Asked On : Wed, 10 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  510
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi: welcome to the healthcare forum. I can understand your husband report is normal. LH and FSH are hormones secreted from pituitary glands in brain, that act on ovary to release estrogen, progesterone and also ovum. Do you also have PCOD. Where these hormones taken while you where on diane 35 and LH and FSH can vary with the reproductive cycle also, but if it low you have to get your other hormones checked like Prolactin, estrogen and Thyroid. Diane is like contraception and you may not conceive while on Diane. I feel you need complete evaluation and medication requires some alteration.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor