Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

My 8 years old daughter is suffering from Microtia, to whom should i consult ?

Hi.. My daughter is 8 yrs and she is suffering from Microtia (right ear lobe not developed since birth ). The X-ray of the ear indicates the ear canal developed from inside. Please help in suggesting the doctor who can cure it. (Maybe ENT+Cosmetic surgeon) Thank you..
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

You can visit a good plastic surgeon who can perform this surgery. Also, depending upon the condition they can also insert a prosthesis with a matching color and contour or reconstruct the ear pinna with the cartilage.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor