What causes pain in the left side of the neck?

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: Hello! I have been having pain/discomfort on the left side of my neck. It is just slightly behind and below the left earlobe and extends about 1/2 way down my neck. It is sore to touch and feels slightly swollen. It feels slightly like the mumps, but I have had them twice as a child. Just wondering what it could be??
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Feels like it's an inflammation of salivary gland..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough.

Please note..

1. The symptoms that you are mentioning seems like some kind of Parotid or other salivary gland inflammation..

2. Sialadenitis or something of that sort..

3. I have noted your medication and other past history..
This is fine.

4. Please get a soft tissue scan of that area.
We can know what exactly is happening there..
And treat accordingly..

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back..
Or you can close the question and rate..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad