Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Born with unilateral microtia affecting ear. Can I go scuba diving?

Hello there doctor, I m Joe from Melbourne Aust. I was born with Unilateral Microtia, affecting my left ear unfortunately I m not too sure if I m consider level I or II microtia..... I have a problem and which is, soon by Nov I ll be going to Cairns for scuba diving with my gf, so my question is..... May I know if I m physically alright to do scuba diving? Are there any risk for me to do scuba diving, in the sense of; will my good side of the ear be affected? Thank you so much doctor
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
As long as your ears drums are alright there should not be any problem.
You can get your ear drum examined .
You can also take care that you use ear plugs so that the water does not enter in the canal.
With microtia there is deafness associated , if its not there then all well.
Answered: Sun, 1 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor