Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Multiple cysts in ovary, want to conceive. Surgery? Which medicine should i prefer?

hello doctor we are trying for baby for 1 year. my wife has regular periods and later they diagnosed multiple cysts in right ovary and recommended to take clome 50, folic acid and fertisure tablets. another doctor recommended for laproscopic surgery to punture the cysyts. which is safe or any other medicine to get pregnant
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
The problem you are mentioning sounds like PCOS.
It is called polycystic ovarian syndrome, wherein there are multiple cysts in the ovary and no dominant follicle or egg is produced every month for ovulation.
This makes the patient prone to anovulation and difficulty in conception.
you should consult an infertility specialist.
Clomiphene is given to induce ovulation in patients who do not have regular periods and do not ovulate on their own.
Metformin, diet, exercise, lifestyle modification and weight loss are key factors in treatment.
Drilling the ovaries for PCOS ( puncturing the cysts ) is one modality but since only one ovary is affected, unless there is gross problem of PCOS, I feel no indication for it.
You need to provide more details to me to comment better.
take care.
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor