Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Mucus dripping in the back of my throat which I believe is causing my bad breath. Do I have alternatives of surgery ?

My constant nasal discharge forced me to visit an ENT specialist who told me that it was just allergies and prescribed some nasal sprays. which did not work. so I paid him a second visit and this time he told me that he s seeing something odd in my right nostril. like some foreign body so he told me to do a C.T Scan, which i did. he then told me he was right and that there actually is something in there.symptoms include: - nasal discharge almost every hour or less. (right nostril only) - occasional migraines and often tired. - bad mucus odor but only when I blow my nose. - mucus dripping in the back of my throat which I believe is causing my bad breath. this has been going on for about 2 years, but i think it got worse the second year, that s why I decided to see a specialist. the doctor told me that I need a one hour long surgery under general anesthesia. P.S: I m terrified of surgeries, never had one. is it the only option for such cases ? or do I have alternatives ? Also, what are the risks of this kind of surgery and how common are they ? the doctor also told me that it could get worse if I don t do the surgery. your opinion and advice are greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  267
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
unilateral discharge are usually common in children and are usually due to foreign bodies. In case of adults nasal discharge of unilateral character are most often due to polyps. they are commonly treated with surgery, which is very common these days and called as Endoscopic Nasal Surgery. If delayed as in ur case, the disease may spread or affect other sinuses..
Answered: Thu, 6 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor