Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Managing anxiety disorder with meditation, yoga, have constant sharp pain in collar bone. Is this normal?

Hello I have had an anxiety disorder for ten months now. Ihave had episodes of panic too. I have had all clear from numerous test results. I am managing my anxiety very well on my own, having tried citalopram propranolol I decided to manage it instead with meditation yoga and exercise. I am doing very well apart from this constant sharp pain in my left collar bone area. Is this normal for anxiety pain? I feel as I get stronger and overcome one symptom of this awful disorder along comes another! Any reassurance would be good. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Given the brief history which you have provided, it is difficult to say if your pain is due to the anxiety or not. Though anxiety can manifest itself as physical symptoms, it is still important to rule out any serious medical cause. You need a proper physical examination and if necessary, further tests, to ascertain the cause of your pain. I would advise you to report this to your doctor and have it checked as early as possible.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Hi Emaj,
Thanks for writing your query.
Anxiety can manifest as pain in different parts of body, but after reading your description of symptoms, it seems that there might be some muscle pull due to wrong posture during yoga or excessive yoga done during initial phase.
You can do hot fomentation and apply some pain relieving gel. If pain persists take some pain killer and muscle relaxant.
If pain still persists get yourself examined by a medical professional.
I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Mon, 29 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor