Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Lump under armpit. Had dizziness, vertigo. What could it be?

I am a 27 year old male. I recently started a new job about a month ago at a bank. About 4 days ago I noticed a lump under my arm pit, very paiful. It then turned two to lumps , red and painful to move my arm around. Then yesterday, it was a big puffy lump that looked like it was bulging. Today the pain continued and I started connecting my recent spells of dizziness/ vertigo to these lumps. What do you think this is and is it treatable? Would I need a biopsy , bloodwork and the whole standard procedure and identify this? I only ask because I currently do not have health insurance until next month. Thank you in advance!!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome
Surely it is treatable and you need to consult your General physician for that. The lump may be
1. Enlarged lymph nodes
2. Cyst
3. Abscess
4. Muscle or tissue collection

To get to a diagnosis proper clinical examination is needed and if required FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) can be done. Meanwhile take analgesic drug like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and you may need a proper antibiotic to get early relief. Consult your doctor for that.
Best Wishes
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor