Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Left ankle got hit by bike. Pain, swollen and bruised. How to get relief?

After shutting off my daughter s motorcycles stuck throttle, I noticed the outside of my left ankle had been injured. Not sure what part of the bike hit it. I think maybe the foot peg. My ankle was, and it still is swollen and bruised going down the top of my foot. I can still walk on it with little pain , but by the end of the day I am in a lot of pain. It hurts while elevated and even when sitting down. My ankle and foot feel cold and tingley.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  184
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi pgkeys,

Following the kind of injury described, either a soft tissue injury or bony injury could occur. However more likely than not, you would have difficulty walking after a bone injury. Generally after a soft tissue injury, initial advice would be to apply ice and elevate. A compression bandage may also help.
Hope the ankle improves.

Answered: Wed, 18 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor