Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Itching penis head, red sores. What to do as first aid?

I have a problem on my penis head which has now lasted for 5days. It started as a itchy/gangling on the upper half. It has now developed into red/bloody sores but not very painful. The problem is I can t go to see a physician coz it becomes painful n uncomfortable when it gets into contact with the pants. Please advice what to do as first aid so am able to go see the doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016

Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed severe

infection of the Glans of the Penis( Ballanitis).

Take some antibiotics like Doxycycline along with some anti inflammatory medicine Diclofenac twice daily.Get the prescription of these drugs from your family Physician.

Observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning the glans with warm water.

Refrain from any sexual activity till it heals up completely.

Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor