Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Itching outside vaginal labia, crusty dry vaginal lips, sexually active. Treatment for symptoms?

Hi , i have an itching around the outside of my labia area and i noticed today the inside of my vaginal lips looks crusty like it is dry. It doesn t hurt it feel uncomfortable and itchy. it has been going on for a couple of days now. I am 20 sexually active last intercourse was yesterday with a latex condom. I am taking the mini pill as well.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1382
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that you may have vaginal candidiasis/yeast infection.This may present with vaginal itching, though it is usually associated with a white/yellow discharge.
You may want to consider using a topical vaginal creams, if these are ineffective you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor