Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Itchiness inside vagina. History of yeast infection. What could be the reason?

Hey. Umm. So I have just a very slight itch going on in my lady area... It s just barely on the inside of my vagina . No swelling, no bleeding..just itchy.I have had a yeast infection before, it doesn t feel like that. There isn t anyway I would have an std . My partner is the only person I hav been with, and vise versa. Any idea on what could be going on?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi, thanks for writing..
Itching can be due to recurrent yeast infection..Also fungal infection is associated with creamy white discharge.. Get a swab done to see for vaginal infection.. If infection is present, take treatment for fungal infection. Keep the area dry. Treat the partner also. Use condom till infection heals completely.. Hope I have answered your query. Feel free to ask any doubts through Good day
Answered: Fri, 17 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor