Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Is there any remedy that I can follow or should I see a psychologist for my bouts of depression and high stress levels ?

quite concerned as a 15 year old female about this problem, it s has become a problem with both my personal and school life and i have been suffering with symptoms for around 8 months . I m stressed 80-85% of the time, i feel very anxious around people, i get worried over the smallest of things. I get muscle tension in my neck and back sometimes can cause a lot of pain. My mind sometimes goes blank or memories seem to get lost for an hour or so before eventually coming back. i get dizzy easily and find that it is worse when i have headaches, the headaches are across the very top of my forehead and also can be very severe in the back of the eyes and worsens with light . I have depression periods where for an unknown reason for a day or two around every two weeks, and have been frequent in the last 4 weeks. Due to this i feel very tired and i do lose my temper with family and people at school. I am in a very important time at school and have recently taken lots of exams and the stress levels have been very high and i have become impatient with my constant thirst also. My glucose levels, blood count and my thyroid were all tested and came back normal. My GP doesn t want to make a final decision yet as she wants to explore every possibility but i am certain it is psychological. should i see a psychologist ? or is this all just hormones causing these ting and everything will settle down within the next year or so ? PLEASE HELP ME
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Victoria
You are certainly having some sort of stress related problem or anxiety.
OR such conditions can be ignored by some doctors in teenage age group as growth problems but thats not the solution.
You must undergo thorough evaluation by a psychologist and take therapies like JPMR that are relaxation exercises.
Give a try to yoga or meditation.
You can always contact me at my email or call me.
Good Luck!
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Hello victoria,

Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety disorder. Since you are in an important phase of your school life, it is advisable not to waste more time in seeking help. Consult a psychiatrist for proper assessment. Apart from behavioural management of anxiety, you might also require medicines. All the best.
Answered: Sun, 3 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor