Hard lump at the base of the skull. Have headache and muscle tension in the shoulders and neck. Any suggestions?

I have a significant hard lump at the base of my skull and to the right. I have been seeing a neurologist and chiropractor for over a year for tension headache and overall muscle tension in neck and shoulders. I had an MRI and the neurologist said it came back normal. However, the lump does not feel like any other muscle knot I've had, and it feels very hard, like bone, except it sticks so far to the right and there is nothing similar on the left side. Any insight to what this might be?
Fri, 14 Jun 2013