Is there any problem in pregnancy who has taken neomercazole for long?

hi,im 38 years old i have a thyroid im taking the neomercazole almost 3 years now,it is true that there is no chance me to be pregnant again?
Sun, 13 Feb 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
likely that you are having thyrotoxicity
pregnancy is possible if the disease is controlled
you should talk to your doctor treating the thyroid problem and ask for alternative treatment of thyrotoxicity where antithyroid drugs can be stopped or minimised and role of surgery in your case
discuss with the doctor the prospect of pregnancy and best method of treatment in your case keeping in mind for pregnancy
consult gynaecologist for increasing the chance of pregnancy
both husband and wife should consult for treatment for conception
wishing you all the best
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
It's true that thyroid hormone disturbances affect fertility and the chances to conceive. But with proper hormone regulation by regular medication and with weight reducing physical exercises, one can increase the chances of pregnancy.
So do not lose hope yet. Follow up with your healthcare provider and monitor your weight and thyroid hormones regularly. There will be definite fruitful results soon with constant trying and anti-thyroid management.
Thanks and Regards

Recent questions on Hypothyroidism

welcome to healthcaremagic likely that you are having thyrotoxicity pregnancy is possible if the disease is controlled you should talk to your doctor treating the thyroid problem and ask for alternative treatment of thyrotoxicity where antithyroid drugs can be stopped or minimised and role of surgery in your case discuss with the doctor the prospect of pregnancy and best method of treatment in your case keeping in mind for pregnancy consult gynaecologist for increasing the chance of pregnancy both husband and wife should consult for treatment for conception wishing you all the best