Are taking sodium valporate and thyronorm together safe?

I am an unmarried girl of 26. I am having Femilon for PCOD and Sodium Valporate for Neurocysticercosis. I am also having Thyronorm for hypothyroidism? Do these drugs interact wid each other, if yes how? I am having vigorous hair fall since I have started Femilon? Why is it?
Thu, 24 Jun 2021

Femilon is a combination of hormones used to regularise periods. It may produce hair fall. The interaction it has with your other medication is that it can reduce the blood level of Sodium valporate. If you have been taking Sodium Valporate for any seizure disorder, you need to contact your doctor. PCOD is due to Insulin Resistance and a medicine to reduce insulin resistance would help you improve. Also if you are overweight, weight reduction would help you.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Noble Zachariah, Internal Medicine Specialist