What causes persistent chills?
anxiety, hypothyroidism, etc
there are some potential causes although this is not a very common symptom. Hypothyroidism causes intolerance to cold and you may feel cold even when everybody else feels OK. Other causes include anxiety (as a manifestation of a panic attack for example), hypoglycemia (low blood glucose usually caused by antidiabetic medications), sepsis (infectious causes) even without fever, allergic reaction, some drugs (like inhaled bronchodilators), anemia (low hematocrit).
I hope you find my comments helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for severe chills
- What causes sudden chills
- What causes chills during a hangover
- What causes chills after drinks
- What is the cause of chills with weakness and vomiting
- What is the cause for chills only in the evenings
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What causes instant body chills
- What causes chills in the head
- What causes nausea and chills
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?