Is sore and swollen throat with earache symptom of STD?

hello, My partner and i recently started swinging, we went thursday and friday night, i performed oral sex on unprotected penis'. and one of the acts was a bit rough... saturday i felt a sore throat, nothing too major though, but then woke up yesterday and asked my boyfriend to check my tonsils, they were swollen and it looked like they had chunks missing, with dark & white patches, today they feel more swollen but don't look as nasty, i also have a bit of an earache, it really hurts to swallow anything including water!! im a bit concerned that it could be STD or similar, im hoping its just tonsillitis and it came at a bad time.. please could you help. xx
Thu, 4 Sep 2014
Thank you for query.The chances of transmission of HIV by sexual route is 1/ 200 to 1/2000 even if the partner is HIV infected.the chance even if he is HIV positive by oral is rare as virus does not survive through the GI tract.Only if ulcers or abrasions are present in the mouth there are minor possibilities.You can allay fear of HIV.This may be due to kiss from the partner or oral sex or you have contacted it from some other infected person.it is likely to be tonsillitis which is causing you all the symptoms.take treatment for tonsillitis by consulting your doctor.So if you want to rule out HIV to relive your anxiety go for HIV testing depending on the time since exposure.You can get back for any clarifications with details.Dr Bharatesh D Basti Dermatologist and venereologist.