Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Is Consumption of alcohol, cause of increasing HDL cholesterol ?

is it true,consumption of alcohol is cause of increasing HDL cholesterol? if yes how much daily after CABG?
my bypass done before 7 week? whether it will be benificial to me to consume liquer daily one or two smoll peg to increase my HDL colesterol?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  331
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
To put this real simple for you, you need to not drink alcohol at all after a bypass surgury simply for the fact that your body needs to heal and cannot do so if it has alcohol in it. You need to feel blessed to be alive and not worry about drinking. As far as alcohol increasing HDL, I have never heard of that. HDL is your good cholesterol and you want it to be higher than 45. Smoking cigs lowers it, as does drinking and having a sedentary lifestyle. Exercise, ( according to your doctors restrictions), eat oatmeal, dont smoke, dont drink, and your HDL will increase.
Answered: Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor