Injured lower back. Severe pain around tail bone and legs, feel numb. Is it Sciatica?

Hi I recently had caused an injury in my lower back while lifting an object at work. The problem is the pain from this injury has gotten very bad especially around my tail bone in my pelvic area, as well as my buttock with the pain radiating down my right and left leg, which indicated to my doctor that I probably have sciatica . There is also a certain amount of numbness in both legs and it feels as though the numbness has spread to my groin and pelvic area these areas are numb feeling, but also very, very, painful. I cannot believe my pain level it feels like a constant 7 even with pain medication , and this pain radiates throughout my lower back and literally makes me feel physically ill from the pain. My doctor also tested my right leg for strength and noticed it was pretty weak in fact I am limping and even trying to walk with an even gait is excruciating and painful. My doctor suggests Radiculopathy , and I did have an MRI done but have to wait 2 more weeks to see my doctor. This is very frustrating, and I do not know how much more pain I can stand. Do you maybe know what I may be dealing with?
Thu, 17 Jan 2013