Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

122 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have vulva itching for a month

Iam 24yrs old, I have vulva itching (only when i micturate/ clean that area) for a month of now. I would see some open wound / broken skin in my vulva. What would I possibly do and should I consult a gyn
Sun, 15 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
it may be infection
is it associated with any discharge?antibiotics may be needed.
better to consult your gynecologist and get examined.
take care
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Vulval itching could be due to skin infection or even folliculitis.If you are sexually active its better that you see a doctor and rule out stds.You will need antibiotics cream if there is infection.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....