Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

I have had a small burn on my foot and it is infected. Is it a fungal infection ?

Hi doctor I have had a small burn on my foot in November and it seems to be infected it s puffy and really itchy but now it has small pimples appering that when I scratch them they give off a watery yellow liquid I am using a hydrocortisone cream but it dosen't seem to help. I have seeing a nurse but she thinks it s a fungal infection ? I have had cellutitis befor could this relate. I am 33 years old female help it s driving me nuts
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Check your sugar levels.Hydrocortisone is a steroid while you need antibiotics and antifungals.Consult a dermatologist and get proper investigation and treatment.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Thu, 1 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi..dear user.,
Thanks for your query..,
welcome to HCM.,
Itching lesions with watery yellow lequid on post burn area...,
it could be....INFECTED ECZEMA...,
Your problem now turn to complicated..
Infected burn turn to Eczematization...Hence you do...
1) Sitz bath....Dipping your infected part into the Lukewarm water , which
contains...Pottasium permonganate and crystal salt....
2) Topical ...Fusidic acid and Betamethasone combination cream...2 times daily
3) Cap..Cephalexin 500 mg ..2 times daily after food..for 7 days...
4) Tab Levocetrizine 10 mg daily night times for 15 days..
5) Tab..Betamethasone 1 mg daily for 7days after food..,
follow and get good result..ok..
Answered: Sun, 18 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To healthcareMagic forum,
The best thing would be to show to a dermatologist.If its is a fungal infection then hydrocortisone is not a good treatment.You need a antifungal for that.And if you have pain and infection then you need a course of antibiotics. So ,plz consult a dermatologist soon.
Take care,
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor