Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Can I use metronidazole instead of prescribed clotrimazole for this fungal infection ?

I have fungal infection in my genitals and doctor prescribed me clotrimazole cream. Can I use metronidazole instead of prescribed clotrimazole for this fungal infection?
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  959
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Welcome to health care magic ...........
If you are sure its a fungal infection then yes you are right in using a clotrimoxazole cream. But just confirm with your doctor why has he prescribed the metronidazole , amy be he is thinking it to ba a protozoal infection , like trichomoniasis .
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor