Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I had unprotected sex and haven't got my periods. Could i be pregnant?

hi..i had unprotected sex on the 18th day counting from the first day of my previous periods was due on 9th...i took a test at home on 11th using preg test which turned out to be negative..n still haven t got my periods....could i be pregnant?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi...., some times the HCG anti body may appear late in the urine
hence the UPt test can be Negative.. Repeat after a week, still you wont get periods
then do an USG to rule out any other possible causes for the amenorrhea... consult a gynecologist,.
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Wed, 24 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
You had unprotected sex On 18th day,there is chances of having pregnancy.
You did the test too early.
Go for test again after 8-10 th day of your expected date,
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 24 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
hello, welcome to HCM. As you stated that you had intercourse on 18th day of menstrual cycle the chance of your being pregnant are definitely there. Days 1 to 7 and day 21 to rest of the cycle is calculated as "Safe Period" for individuals with regular 26-32 days cycles. As you stated that pregnancy test was negative chances are that you are not pregnant but to confirm that you must repeat your UPT test. You must also tell me about your menstrual history wether your periods were regular or not. In case the UPT comes out negative again the chances are very less that you would be pregnant. Just be patient but in case you do not get your periods even after 10 days you must consult your gynecologist. Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 24 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor