Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from tonsils, how to get rid of it ?

Hey, my right tonsil is a little swollen and looks sponge like....what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Apr 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  693
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello Josh I am Dr Sharma On the basis of info provided it appears that you are having infection of tonsil. If it is associated with pain and difficulty in swallowing it is possibly a acute infection. But if it is only unilateral enlargement of tonsil with pain in throat it may be because of peritonsillar abscess. Here the patient also complain of fever and difficulty in swallowing. If there is unilateral enlargement of tonsil without pain and difficulty in swallowing it may be because of a neoplastic process. It would be appropriate to have a ENT consultation so that you can be treated as per the probabale diagnosis. I hope this answers your concern with regards Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Sun, 15 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
welcome to HCM...,
You are suffering from....Tonsillitis....,
It is bacterial infection......
Good treatment is available.....
1) Gargling of throat by antiseptic solution orSalt water...,
2) Tab.Amoxycillin with Clavulonic acid 2 times daily for 7 days...,
3) Tab.Aciclophenac with paracetamol...2 times daily for 7 days...,
4) If it is chronic........go for ENT specialist...
hence consult ENT Surgen do accordingly o.k best of luck...,
Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

go to a Doctor you might need antibiotics, or gargle, dont swallow warm salt water and hope it improves.  Supposively lemons with kill some bacteria in the throat, but might also irritate it more. Use sparingly, or find lemon drop candy with real lemon juice in it.  Good luck.

Answered: Sun, 18 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
Hi thanks for your query.
Tonsillitis is the infection and inflammation of the tonsils. You will require a course of antibiotics and appropriate analgesics( pain killers) . I suggest you visit a physician.
Have a healthy life !
Answered: Thu, 10 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor