Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from pus and swollen tonsils. Should i be worried ?

Over the past 2 days i have been incredibly thirsty and my throat has felt really dry. No matter how much water I drink I still have the same dry feeling in my throat. Today I checked out my throat because it started to feel a little tight, and both of my tonsils are really swollen and on the right side it is almost completely covered with white patches, the left side it looks like there are pimples , like pus under the skin on my tonsil. Also, the bumps on the back of my tongue, the ones that look like big taste buds, are also swollen but that too doesnt cause me any pain, its more of just a tighteness that i feel in my throat. I don t have a fever , no problems breathing, no allergies, my throat is red, but what i find really odd is that I m not in any pain. I have had plenty of sinus infections and tonsilitis, but these usually cause me severe pain. Which isn t the case now. I dont want to go to the doctor if i can avoid it. Should i be worried ? like i said im in no pain, just my throat feels tight and im REALLY thirsty.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  748
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
as you have told that you have pain everytime but now you are not having it get your diabetes checked if it is normal then the cause may be higher infection you can take nagguti tab 2tab 3times septilin tab 2tab 2times for 1wk .take turmrric milk twice aday.avoid spicy &oily things.
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Dinesh Valse's  Response

you have got chronic tonsillitis which does nt gives rise to pain but it wil cause other problems like difficulty for swallowing and snoring when you sleep. you are getting thirsty because your braething through mouth. your problem will be solved by removing tosil. consult ENT surgeon for details of surgery.
Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor