Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from heart palpitation. I just had my 3rd baby and i am 30

Females in your early 30's please be serious in answering my ques. I need your help in my situation.? I am 31 yrs. old just had my 3rd baby 4 months ago I am breastfeeding . Recently I have started to expierence very odd heart palpitations that come go, sometimes I feel like I also need to take deep breaths to feel ok. These heart palpitations make me feel like I m wearing my heart in my throat , that my heart is doing summer saults inside me. My mother passed away in her early 50 s from a massive heart attack . My sister has had heart related problems as well she is in her 40 s. Can you please help me to understand what I might be expierencing why. I also am a diabetic type 2, I have been to the Doctor basically they told me to go on a diet of just carbs excersise, which maybe I do need to lose weight considering I weigh 230 pds. This type of answer from the Doctor has not made me feel at ease, I sometimes feel like I m dying. Please give me good advice only.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
You may be having palpitations, which is generally defined as heartbeats that you are aware of because they feel like skipping, quivering, fluttering, flipflopping, or jumping. The following provides information on palpitations: Your situation may be complicated by other medical factors such as the recent birth of your child, your diabetes, and your weight. There are way too many factors involved for a simple explanation of your palpitations. If your physician is unable to provide education or resources, including diet, regarding your Type 2 diabetes, you may benefit from a referral to an endocrinologist (discuss hypo- and hyperthyroidism with him/her). I would question your physician's advice regarding carbohydrates, but a referral to a registered dietitian (RD) can also help you regarding meal planning and healthy eating. A referral to a cardiologist may be needed for testing such as EKG, echocardiogram, or a Holter Monitor to evaluate your palpitations. You have a number of medical issues, complicated by your family history of cardiac disease. There are a number of specialists who can help you. I know all these issues may be overwhelming to you, but if you address each issue one at a time, perhaps starting with an endocrinologist, you should be able to control your diabetes, lose weight, decrease your palpitations, and stay healthy for yourself and your family.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor