Is alcohol consumption advisable while on Xarelto and beta blockers for arrhythmia?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome back on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that alcohol is considered a triggering factor of cardiac arrhythmia exacerbation.
It is actually well known that individuals consuming large amounts of alcoholic drinks during the holiday not rarely suffer cardiac arrhythmia bouts and present to emergency department on Monday with atrial fibrillation or flutter: the so-called "holiday heart syndrome".
But alcohol is not the only arrhythmia risk factor during holiday season. Large amount of food, disrupted normal daily regimen (especially sleep deprivation), excessive acoustic noises and caffeinated beverages may all give a hand in such purpose.
So, in your clinical conditions, I would say that alcohol is recommended only in small quantities (20-30 ml per day) and always associated with food.
I advise you to follow as much as possible your daily life-style regimen during Xmas season (especially eating and sleeping profile).
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.
Wishing you a pleasant Xmas season!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gerd and arrhythmia
- Loestrin arrhythmia
- Can i use viagra while having sinus arrhythmia
- Which medications cause arrhythmia if taken with alcohol
- Can drinking alcohol cause arrhythmias
- Virus arrhythmia
- Icd implanted dizziness while climbing or in kneeling position arrhythmia
- Can alcohol cause heart arrhythmia
- Peanuts arrhythmia
- Pot arrhythmia
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?