Does Motrin interact with Chlorthalidone, Carvedilol and Lisinopril?

Question
Is there any negative drug interaction between motrine and either chlorthalidone, carvedilol or lisinopril?
I was told Advil can not be used with any of the 3. What about motrine?
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Do you mean Motrin? Unfortunately it is the same thing as Advil. They are both ibuprofen, just different brand names. Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti inflammatory medication (NSAID).

Carvedilol is in the class of beta blocker anti-high blood pressure medications. NSAIDS can decrease the effectiveness of beta blockers, but is not an absolute contraindication but would need to be monitored.

With chlorthalidone or lisinopril, NSAIDs can increase the risk of toxic effects on the kidneys.

So of the 3, carvedilol might be a possibility if you must take ibuprofen. With any of the 3, recommendations are to monitor therapy if taken with ibuprofen, but not absolute contraindications.

For this information, I used the health professional drug interaction website called Lexicomp.

I hope this information helps.