Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

I am having chest pain but my EKG is fine. I have anxiety disorder

Would pain in the arm caused by heart problems be relieved by icy hot? I have generalized anxiety disorder and constantly worry about my heart, I never have chest pains and have good blood pressure, no family history, except a grandpa who had a heart attack in his 70 s, I eat healthy, am not overweight , I have also been to a dr and had a perfect ekg about 5 months ago. Based on the information given would I be likely to suffer from heart disease? I m a 27 year old female
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  399
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Heart related pain would not be relieved by topical liniments. Things like Icy Hot or Ben Gay only relieve muscular pain. It's also unlikely that you have a cardiac problem, based on your given age, diet, weight, and history. A lot of people die in their 70s. In fact, the life expectancy in the U.S. is in the 70s (give or take a few years). Try to remember that! At 27, that's a lot more years to be worried about your heart. Moreover, you really need to think about what you're letting your anxiety do to you. EVERYONE (especially as they grow older) worries about their health, or when they might die. The thing of it is... most people try to enjoy the life they have, while they have it. If you have regular heath exams, try to trust the fact that the people who give you the results know what they're talking about. Why insist on second guessing them? Let it rest, move on, and enjoy the fact that you're in good health. Every minute you sit around worrying about your heart, is a minute you could be thinking about something you enjoy. You're robbing yourself of precious moments.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor